- Type:Limited Term
- Salary/Pay Rate:8.25/hourly
- Posted Date:01/31/2018
- Deadline to Apply:04/30/2018
The Village of Oak Lawn is providing a temporary full-time employment opportunity to high school and/or college age students of the Village between the ages of 16 and 23, for the summer of 2018.
The following are general guidelines the Village shall follow:
● only residents of the Village may qualify to work in the program (Village Administration reserves the right to make exceptions in extenuating circumstances);
● applicants may be required to provide proof of high school/college attendance;
● applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 23 and possess a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License that is free of any moving violations;
● applicants will not be considered if they have previously worked in the Summer Help program for 5 years or more;
● only one applicant per family may work in the Summer Help program at any given time;
● applicants that are chosen to work in the program will be required to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours at a Village sanctioned special event (ex: Easter Egg Hunt, 4th of July Parade, Fall on the Green, Movies on the Green, Pumpkin Fest, Santa on the Green, etc.) Applicants that do not meet the required volunteer hours will not be considered for future Summer Help employment with the Village.
● Village Administration reserves the right to shorten or extend the program dates based on available budgeted funding;
Salary: $8.25 per hour
Applications are available and completed applications should be returned to the Clerk’s office and are due by April 30, 2018:
Village of Oak Lawn
9446 Raymond Ave.
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
The Village seeks qualified applicants, without regard to sex, race, color or ethnic origin – The Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.