- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$49,645 +/- DOQ
- Posted Date:02/01/2019
- Deadline to Apply:02/28/2019
Oak Lawn Regional Emergency Communications (OLREC) located in Oak Lawn, Illinois, seeks highly qualified and motivated persons for the position of 9-1-1 Telecommunicator.
OLREC is a consolidated 9-1-1 communications center within the State of Illinois. We are a civilian staffed 9-1-1 Center serving eight (8) fire departments, six (6) police departments, and MABAS Division 21. OLREC is currently seeking applicants that have the desire to work in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career field.
NORCOMM offers an excellent medical benefits, matched 401K plan, accrued paid vacation and sick time and a host of other benefits. We have a four (4) on, two (2) off schedule with an eight (8) hour scheduled shift. Though shifts are eight (8) hours in length, hours may be extended to 12-16 hours based on various factors including staffing needs. Knowledge of West phone system, Motorola MCC7500 Radio Console, and SunGard OSSI CAD system is a plus!
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Applicants must be able to accurately type at least 40 wpm
- Applicants must be able to pass the applicant testing, background investigation, psychological exam, drug screening and physical exam
- Applicants must be able to obtain a valid PERC card from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations and keep it in good standing.
- Schedule flexibility and multi-tasking are fundamental
- Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply
- Experience in dispatching for a MABAS Division preferred, not required
Successful applicants will become certified in LEADS and EMD/CPR within 6 months of hire and maintain all necessary certifications as required.
Telecommunicator job duties include but not limited to answering 9-1-1 telephones, transmitting vital information to emergency personnel via the radio, relaying information via the Computer-Aided Dispatch terminal, monitoring fire/burglar alarms, and answering administrative lines serving the police/fire personnel.
Starting Salary $49,645.00 +/- DOQ
A permanent shift is not determined until after employees are fully certified and released from training, therefore all applicants must have the ability to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
Applications may be obtained and completed online at the link below:
Questions may be directed to our Human Resources Department at 630-832-2000.