Oak Lawn’s 95th Street Corridor is a vital part of our community and we want to create a great plan that will guide future use! This project will focus on improving corridor aesthetics, streetscape and building design, attracting and retaining businesses, and enhancing pedestrian connections and multi-modal transit including bikes and buses.
Why plan? The 95th Street Corridor has many great opportunities to build upon (some of which are listed below). This plan will work to accent such and create a more pedestrian focused, transit-friendly environment.
Existing corridor opportunities include:
- Traffic counts at 30,800 ADT and growing.
- The planned Cal Sag Trail.
- Strong connection to the interstate highway system at I-294 to the west.
- Diverse character zones (retail, commercial, civic and town center uses).
- New shops and dining near the Metra station within the Town Center.
- Pace bus service.
- Enhancement recommendations as part of the Harlem Avenue Corridor Plan.
The 95th Street Corridor has its own project website too with updates and opportunities to participate: