Oak Lawn’s Comprehensive Plan is the Village’s policy guide for future growth and development. This Plan includes goals, objectives and policies for the future of the community, long-range recommendations for land-use, transportation, community facilities, annexation and growth management, and other plan and project components.
The benefits of the Comprehensive Plan extend to all Oak Lawn Residents. It coordinates the actions of the public and private entities into a directed strategy for future change. In this context the Comprehensive Plan will help direct the energies and efforts of the community to realize mutual needs and aspirations.
The Comprehensive Plan is divided into five parts:
- Part I: Context and Plan Framework
- Part II: Planning Goals, Objectives and Policies
- Part III: Prepared for the Future Long-Range Plan
- Part IV: Pulling it all Together Implementation
- Part V: Community Inventory