With the 4th of July less than a month away, we want to make your celebration with us as smooth as possible. Please findparking information that will be in effect during the Oak Lawn Park District and Village of Oak Lawn’s Fireworks display at Richards High School, 10601 Central Ave., along with the Oak Lawn Park District’s Party in the Park event at Memorial Park, 102nd & Major, on Wednesday, July 4th:
Richard High School’s entire South Lot on 107th Street will be closed for resurfacing.
107th Street will be closed to traffic.
Parking during these events will be available at the following locations:
* Oak Lawn Park District Racquet, Fitness & Gymnastics Center, 10444 S. Central Ave. *
* Wolfe Wildlife Refuge, 109th St. & Kostner Ave. (police patrols on the paths guiding patrons to the Fireworks display) *
* Memorial Park, 102nd & Major *
* Oak Lawn Park District’s Stony Creek Golf Course, Restaurant & Banquets, 5850 W. 103rd St. *
The Oak Lawn Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for insuring the safety of the citizens of our community. This is accomplished through code enforcement, conducting fire and life safety inspections, school inspections, reviewing and approving all fire suppression and detection equipment installations. We also offer a variety of program aimed at educating the public in fire/life safety. These programs include but are not limited to:
1. Grade School Fire Safety Programs
2. National Night Out
3. Coloring Book Contest
4. Career Night Presentation
5. Senior Fire Safety
6. Fire Station Tours: Tours of the fire stations are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am – 4pm for groups of children with proper adult supervision, and are typically a half hour in duration. Tours must be scheduled in advance by calling 708-499-7700, or go to Fire Department Forms
7. Home Fire Inspections: In a continuing effort to educate the public in fire safety measures, the Oak Lawn Fire Department offers home safety inspections by request to resident at no cost. Department personnel will visit your home to review your smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, heating devices, electrical cords and all exits to your home.
8. Block Parties: The department will send a fire engine to your block party (subject to availability). Requests must be scheduled in advance by calling 708-499-7700.
9. CPR Programs: The Fire Department does not conduct CPR programs at this time
Contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 708-499-7700 to schedule a program.