The Village of Oak Lawn is launching a multi-year project to make needed repairs to our parking garage which will extend the lifespan of the facility.
The garage will remain open during the renovations, however:Please be advised that certain sections of the garage primarily on the 4TH and 5TH floors will be closed off during the repair work. No Parking signs will be posted. PLEASE ADHERE TO THE SIGNS OR YOU WILL BE TICKETED AND TOWED. Traffic patterns will be maintained, however travel lanes will be shifted with traffic control. While work is occurring there may be some occasional dust created as concrete and joint repairs are being made.
Temporary additional permit parking for users will be located at:North side of 96TH St. between 52nd Ave and Cook Ave. South side of Yourell Ave. between 52nd Ave. and Cook Ave.
The First Phase of Repairs Will Begin on May 1St, and Continue Until Approximately August 15TH, of 2017.
This is the first of two scheduled phases of construction. For questions about the repairs please contact Steve Barrett at email@example.com.
The Oak Lawn Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for insuring the safety of the citizens of our community. This is accomplished through code enforcement, conducting fire and life safety inspections, school inspections, reviewing and approving all fire suppression and detection equipment installations. We also offer a variety of program aimed at educating the public in fire/life safety. These programs include but are not limited to:
1. Grade School Fire Safety Programs
2. National Night Out
3. Coloring Book Contest
4. Career Night Presentation
5. Senior Fire Safety
6. Fire Station Tours: Tours of the fire stations are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am – 4pm for groups of children with proper adult supervision, and are typically a half hour in duration. Tours must be scheduled in advance by calling 708-499-7700, or go to Fire Department Forms
7. Home Fire Inspections: In a continuing effort to educate the public in fire safety measures, the Oak Lawn Fire Department offers home safety inspections by request to resident at no cost. Department personnel will visit your home to review your smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, heating devices, electrical cords and all exits to your home.
8. Block Parties: The department will send a fire engine to your block party (subject to availability). Requests must be scheduled in advance by calling 708-499-7700.
9. CPR Programs: The Fire Department does not conduct CPR programs at this time
Contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 708-499-7700 to schedule a program.