Board of Fire & Police Commissioners
The Fire & Police Commission consists of three (3) members who are appointed by the President of the Village with the consent of the Board of Trustees to serve three (3) year terms. The duties of the Board are as follows:
· The Board shall, in accordance with its Rules and Regulations, appoint all Members of the Fire Department and Police Department of the Village except the Fire Chief, Fire Division Chiefs, the Police Chief and Police Division Chiefs.
· The Board shall conduct competitive examinations for original appointment and promotion in accordance with their Rules and Regulations.
· The Board shall conduct all hearings on charges of a disciplinary nature against any Member, as well as hearings in regard to the appeal of any suspension order for more than five (5) days issued by either the Fire Chief or Police Chief. The Board, after hearing, may dismiss the charges, suspend the Member, with or without pay, for not more than thirty (30) days or order the member discharged.
· The Board shall undertake such other duties from time to time as authorized or directed by the Act, the Fire Department Promotion Act or the Village Code.
The Village of Oak Lawn
Attn: Fire and Police Commission
9446 Raymond Ave.
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
(708) 499-7830 the Village of Oak Lawn