If you get a Parking Ticket in Oak Lawn….
To pay the ticket:
1. Send a check or money order made out to “Village of Oak Lawn” in the ticket envelope you received.
2. Stop by the Police Desk during business hours and pay with cash, check or money order. Bring your ticket with you.
BE SURE TO PAY YOUR TICKET BY THE DUE DATE WRITTEN ON YOUR TICKET TO AVOID LATE FEES.
To contest the ticket:
1. To come in person to the hearing date written on your ticket, fill out the “Instructions” form included with your ticket and mail it in the ticket envelope you received. Mark your calendar with the hearing date and time and your ticket number. No notice will be sent back to you. Just show up at your court date.
2. If you need a new court date, send in the “Instructions” form requesting a new hearing and we will mail you a letter with a new court date.
3. If you cannot appear in person at your court hearing, send in a letter for the hearing officer to read the night of your hearing date. Include any paperwork or photos that support your claim. You will receive a decision by mail.