With the 4th of July less than a month away, we want to make your celebration with us as smooth as possible. Please findparking information that will be in effect during the Oak Lawn Park District and Village of Oak Lawn’s Fireworks display at Richards High School, 10601 Central Ave., along with the Oak Lawn Park District’s Party in the Park event at Memorial Park, 102nd & Major, on Wednesday, July 4th:
Richard High School’s entire South Lot on 107th Street will be closed for resurfacing.
107th Street will be closed to traffic.
Parking during these events will be available at the following locations:
* Oak Lawn Park District Racquet, Fitness & Gymnastics Center, 10444 S. Central Ave. *
* Wolfe Wildlife Refuge, 109th St. & Kostner Ave. (police patrols on the paths guiding patrons to the Fireworks display) *
* Memorial Park, 102nd & Major *
* Oak Lawn Park District’s Stony Creek Golf Course, Restaurant & Banquets, 5850 W. 103rd St. *
The traffic unit fulfills many special duties and responsibilities on a regular basis. The officers assigned to the unit respond to traffic related citizen complaints and take the necessary action to resolve or manage the problem. They investigate major traffic crashes and follow up on hit and run investigations. They also initiate selective enforcement using specialized equipment. These and other duties require a traffic officer to undergo intensive training in such fields as major crash investigation and reconstruction, RADAR and LIDAR procedures and implementation, and truck inspection and overweight enforcement. Traffic officer duties and responsibilities include the following.
• S.M.A.R.T. trailer implementation.
• Traffic surveys
• Traffic Control
• Roadside Safety Checks
• Child Safety Seat Inspection
• School Zone Enforcement Details
• Red Light Photo Enforcement
• And much more..