The Village of Oak Lawn is launching a multi-year project to make needed repairs to our parking garage which will extend the lifespan of the facility.


The garage will remain open during the renovations, however:  Please be advised that certain sections of the garage primarily on the 4TH and 5TH floors will be closed off during the repair work. No Parking signs will be posted. PLEASE ADHERE TO THE SIGNS OR YOU WILL BE TICKETED AND TOWEDTraffic patterns will be maintained, however travel lanes will be shifted with traffic control. While work is occurring there may be some occasional dust created as concrete and joint repairs are being made. 

Temporary additional permit parking for users will be located at:  North side of 96TH St. between 52nd Ave and Cook Ave. South side of Yourell Ave. between 52nd Ave. and Cook Ave. 

The First Phase of Repairs Will Begin on May 1St, and Continue Until Approximately August 15TH, of 2017.

This is the first of two scheduled phases of construction. For questions about the repairs please contact Steve Barrett at



Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Who do I contact regarding an unkept property?

  • What if I have garbage that exceeds the standard guidelines for disposal?

  • What materials are not considered regular household waste?

  • How do I dispose of paint?

  • How do I dispose of electronics?

  • Who do I contact regarding a dead animal in the street?

  • Can I use alternate refuse containers other than those provided by the Village?

  • How do I request a smaller garbage toter?

  • How do I get a replacement for a damaged toter?

  • When is my garbage day?

  • How do I contact Oak Lawn's waste hauler?

  • What if I need the water shut off at my property for internal plumbing repairs?

  • What if my water pressure is low?

  • What if the buffalo box in my parkway or front yard is too high?

  • What if I see a fire hydrant leaking or in need of repair, or water bubbling up from the ground?

  • What causes a water main to break?

  • Why does the water taste funny in late summer?

  • Why does the Village flush the fire hydrants?

  • What is in the water?

  • How does the Village make sure that the water is safe to drink?

  • What are the tall water tanks for?

  • How is the water pumped into my house?

  • Who provides the water to the Village of Oak Lawn?

  • Why are all these flags or paint marks on my property?

  • Why do I have to pay to remove parkway tree roots from my sewer line?

  • Who is responsible for sewer repairs?

  • What should I do in the event of flooding?

  • What should not go into the sewers?

  • What is the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago?

  • Where does all the water go once it is flushed down the toilet or drained from a sink or bathtub?

  • My trees are growing into the electrical wires, what do I do?

  • I have a broken branch in my parkway tree and it is ready to fall, what do I do?

  • I hired a contractor to do some tree work, and now I have tree debris, what do I do?

  • I removed my private tree, and I have debris to dispose of, what do I do?

  • I trimmed my private tree, and I have debris to dispose of, what do I do?

  • I want to plant a parkway tree what do I do?

  • The Village started work on a tree and it isn’t finished, what do I do?

  • My private tree needs trimming, inspection or removal, what do I do?

  • What if my parkway tree is dying or needs trimming?

  • What if I see bushes or a tree that obstructs a motorist’s view of signage or creates an obstruction at a street corner?

  • Who maintains trees and landscaping in my rear yard or side yard easement?

  • What if I have a beehive or hornets nest that is a problem?

  • How do I dispose of my leaves?

  • If the parkway is public property, why must I take care of it?

  • What if I want to install lawn sprinklers in the parkway?

  • What is the parkway?

  • What is the 50/50 Sidewalk Program?

  • I would prefer to have my sidewalks removed and replaced. What is the procedure?

  • The sidewalk broke from the Mudjacking work. What will happen?

  • What do you do with the drilled holes after the Mudjacking work is completed?

  • My sidewalk is not a candidate for the Mudjacking process. What can I do?

  • When can I expect sidewalk replacement work to be completed?

  • What is the cost to have my sidewalk Mudjacked?

  • What Is Mudjacking ?

  • Who is responsible for the signs on the highways and secondary roads?

  • I have noticed that some signs have a reflective strip down the front. What is this and what are they for?

  • How do I report a missing sign or a sign that has been knocked down?

  • I have noticed some of the over head street lights have numbers and letters on them. What are they for?

  • The lights were out in the park last night. What should I do?

  • The light near my home is out but it is on a wooden utility pole. Why is this and what should I do to report this problem?

  • The street lights go on while it is still light or go off before the sun comes up. What causes this and what can be done to fix it?

  • The street light pole looks old and rusty. Is there anything that can be done?

  • The entire fixture is hanging off of the street light pole. What should I do?

  • The street light's glass cover/lens is broken or missing. What should I do?

  • There are exposed wires on the street light pole. What should I do?

  • There were no lights on in my neighborhood. What caused this and what should I do?

  • The street light goes on and off throughout the evening. What causes this and what should I do?

  • The street light in front of my home does not come on at night. What should I do?