We encourage use of the blue toter to assist us in keeping our Village clean and greatly reduce rodent, insect and litter problems. In the event you have “overflow” of refuse and have more materials than your toter can hold you can utilize additional containers provided that the follow acceptable preparation:
- All material is contained in a container or bag.
- Plastic or metal cans that are no larger than 35 gallons.
- All bags or containers cannot weigh more than 50 lbs.
All recycling materials must be placed in the tote. Extra material can wait until the following pickup, taken to our 24 hour recycling site, or if left at the curb in other containers, will be considered refuse. If you regularly have surplus material, consider requesting an additional toter, there is no additional cost.
We encourage yard waste totes for collection. They are available for a small price, $40 (an $80 value). However they are not required. Yard waste toters can be purchased at the Cashier window in the Village Hall. Public Works will drop off toter curbside.
Containment requirements for yard waste are as follows:
- A yard waste sticker must identify the container and be visible from the street.
- Reinforced 33-Gallon Kraft paper bags are acceptable containment.
- Yard Waste will NOT be accepted in plastic bags.
- Brush or branches are to be properly contained, bagged or bundled and tied, so that one person can safely load it into the truck (4’ or less in length, and 50 pounds or less). All stone and dirt must be removed from shrubs.
FIRST DAY FOR YARD WASTE PICK-UP IS MONDAY, APRIL 1ST, 2019