As you may recall, Oak Lawn voters approved a referendum for electric aggregation and authorized the Village Board to negotiate electricity supply rates for its residents and small businesses through an “opt-out” Electricity Aggregation Program (Aggregation Program). After a competitive Request for Proposal process, the Village entered an agreement to replace Verde Energy with MidAmerican Energy to supply Oak Lawn’s Aggregation Program. Over 18,000 residential homes and local small businesses are currently enrolled in the program which started in March 2013. If you are currently a resident of Oak Lawn you may join this program or leave this program at any time without any fees.
The Oak Lawn aggregation price is a fixed rate of $0.07250/kWh, which has been locked in by the Village through March 2017. This rate is lower than ComEd’s current Price to Compare (PTC) generation rate for power currently priced at $0.0743/kWh. For more information regarding ComEd’s price to compare please visit the Illinois Commerce Commission’s website at www.pluginillinois.org.
If you would like to participate in Oak Lawn program and take advantage of these savings, you can join by doing the following:
- Calling MidAmerican Energy at 1-800-342-3346 and using Marketing Code: OAKLAWN
Please have a recent ComEd bill available. MidAmerican Energy will need your ComEd account number to complete enrollment into the Oak Lawn Electric Aggregation Program.
- MidAmerican’s rate ($0.07250/kWh) will take effect within your next one to two billing cycles, depending on your meter read date.
- ComEd will continue to fully service your account and send you one monthly bill. MidAmerican’s lower generation charge will be posted on your bill and you will continue to pay ComEd for your total monthly bill amount.
- There will be no change in ComEd servicing; you will continue to contact ComEd for power outage, repair or billing issues.
- ComEd will send you a letter confirming MidAmerican Energy as your electric generation provider. As required by law, this letter will inform you of your right to rescind your enrollment prior to the scheduled switch to MidAmerican Energy. You do not need to take any action when the letter arrives to participate in the Aggregation Program with MidAmerican Energy.